2012/03/04

New books

I've been buying som new books recently. I've also started to enjoy classics in a way I didn't do before. Have you read any of these?

emily brontë - wuthering heights
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. I thought this would be something like Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, but I was really surprised. I can't wait to see the new screen adaptation either.

selma lagerlöf from 1916
An old Swedish classic. This was printed in 1916 and I'm glad i got it for $3 in a thrift store.

more books
Again; Swedish classics. But here's also a book by Thomas Mann and some leftover booze.

fred hoyle
I haven't read this yet. It's supposed to be some old science fiction novel by a scientist.

solsjenitsyn
I'm pretty sure some of you have read this books. It's On day in the life of Ivan Denisovich by Alexandr Solzhenitsyn. It's about Ivan's life as an intern at a working camp in Russia.

books
These are some of my read and un-read books. From Russia, Romania, Sweden and England.

william s. burroughs - junky
And last: a Swedish translation of William S. Burroughs' Junky.

1 kommentar:

Clair@bdb sa...

Svindlande höjder är en fantastisk bok på många sätt! Dem flesta av dem andra har jag inte läst, har en hög med ''inte-hunnit-läsa-böcker'' på mig.